The Huntersville team at LakeCross Veterinary Hospital provides emergency and urgent care for cats and dogs.
Do you have an Emergency?
Contact us immediately if your pet is in need of urgent or emergency care during our regular hours. The sooner we can begin treatment, the quicker recovery tends to be. It could even save a life.
Contact Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Huntersville
12117 Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC 28078-9278
Open Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Call (704) 949-1100
Any of the following circumstances are examples of emergencies requiring immediate care:
- Severe blood loss or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Your pet has ingested a poisonous substance, such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.
- Signs of extreme pain or anxiety
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea (two or more episodes within 24 hours)
- Refusal or inability to drink for 24 hours or more